Thursday, June 10, 2010

Want to Join Me in a Vision Board Experiment? By Ellesse Chow

       If you’ve ever watched The Secret, were you overwhelmed when John Assaraf recapped his story of using a Vision Board to manifest his dream house? And if you’ve caught Oprah Winfrey’s special feature on The Secret, were you intrigued on how a simple Vision Board could have helped Lisa Nichols achieve her seemingly ambitious goal of appearing on the show to tell her life experience?
     Well, I certainly did. In fact, after watching the shows, I kept pondering about the possibility of creating a Vision Board for myself.
      One day, while checking my Google feeder for my daily reading on blogs that I subscribe to, I came across a new update by Steve Pavlina on his group Million Dollar Experiment. The total amount of money manifested by 1169 participants has reached a record level of $4,000,000! Now, I love experiments. So, reading the update bounced off another interesting idea on me. Why don’t I start a trial on creating my own Vision Board, relate my experience with it and invite people to join me in the same endeavour? At the end of day, I hope this trial will serves as a simple encouragement and blueprint for anyone eager to ignite a change in their lives. Myself included.

The more I thought about it. The more excited I got.

What’s a Vision Board?

     A vision board is a just a collage of pictures cut out from magazines or other periodicals to help you visualize stuff associated with your goals.
     For example, if it’s your goal to earn a monthly passive income from dividends via your investment portfolio, you can pin up an old copy of your bank statement and doodle it such that you see a monthly credit deposit into your bank account. If it’s a svelte body that you’re hankering after, you can paste pictures of models with similar figures. If it’s an ideal partner that you’re seeking, you can cut out pictures of people with potential attributes that you’re looking for.
     Basically, the idea is to construct a physical image of what you perceive life will be like if you’ve accomplished your goals and review this on a daily basis (or as many times as you think it’s necessary) intently. It’s not exactly the number of times you review it, but rather the emotions or feelings when performing this routine. You can look at the board ten times a day, for the sake of reviewing it but if it’s just an empty stare, you get what you put in. An empty result.

The Vision Board Experiment

    For the next couple of months, I’ll record my process to see how a vision board helps to accomplish the goals that I’ve set for the years ahead.
    Before I start with actually making the vision board and maintaining my routine to review it continuously, I figure it’ll be fair for me to recap my status in different areas so that there’re points for comparison later when I report my results. For the purpose of this experiment, I’ll be selecting only 5 main sections from those stated in the Past, Present and Future Review worksheet (included in my f.ree Goal Setting Tutorial), for recap. They’re



■Health & Fitness

■Living Environment

■Social Activeness

■Career Development

■Financial Wealth

Why only these 5 areas? Well, because I’ve narrowed these to be relevant to the goals that I’ll be putting down on my vision board! I’m going to allow the visualization to work naturally and hence the results recording will correspond with this frequency. So, please feel free to visit Goal Setting College to check on my progress. You can also subscribe to the site.



How Can You Participate?

If you’ll like to join me in my experiment, you’re more then welcome to do so! You can join privately by using the materials provided as a blueprint for you to construct your own Vision Board. It’ll be great if you can share with me your results with it so that we’ll continuously keep each other motivated. Alternatively, if you’ll like to publicly record your Vision Board experience on your website or blog, I’ll be glad to link to your site so that all our readers get to witness the power of the Vision Board!

Update : For your convenience, here are all the links to the Vision Board Experiment logs :




■Want to Join Me in a Vision Board Experiment?

■Preparing for my Vision Board…

How I Created My Vision Board – Revealed!

5 Steps to Getting More Out of Your Vision Board Experience

Vision Board Experiment: Interesting Spate of Events

Vision Board Experiment: How’s Your Vision Boarding Coming Along?

Vision Board Experiment: One Year Later…

No comments:

Post a Comment